Monday, November 26, 2012

art as inspiration

Art inspires Fashion:


Gustav Klimt

Gustav Klimt

John Galliano for Dior

Klimt

                                             Galliano for Dior
 Galliano for Dior
 Galliano for Dior
Galliano for Dior



What if when you slept

What if you slept
And what if
In your sleep
You dreamed
And what if
In your dream
You went to heaven
And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
And what if
When you awoke
You had that flower in you hand
Ah, what then? 

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

This poem reminds me of this one childhood memory from when I was around 6 or 7. I woke up from a long nights sleep and frantically started looking for this beautiful porcelain mermaid doll. My mom asked what I was looking for and I described it to her and she looked confused saying she had never seen such a doll. Ended up I had dreamt about this whimsical doll and it felt so real I forgot it didn't really exist. I miss when my imagionation got the best of me. :)

xxo Molly




No comments:

Post a Comment