Saturday, February 4, 2012

1970's/Anna Sui


I have always loved documenting what inspires me and connecting the dots throughout my life so I guess I have started a blog. I have linked this to my website to share my ongoing creative dialog with my art and fashion students and anyone else who is interested.  
Thanks!

I just can't get enough of Anna Sui's spring collection. Aside from that We have totally been transported to the 1970s this season.

Anna Sui Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearAnna Sui Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear


"I just love the whole idea of conversational prints" — Anna Sui  She sure does. This is quite a conversation. She mentioned Antonio Lopez, (a fashion illustration from 60's-80's) as her main inspiration and I totally picked up on that 70's vibe. 


Anna Sui Spring 2012 Ready-to-WearAnna Sui Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Lopez- Vogue UK, 1970


Clashing prints and bright colors. When I was flipping through the pictures on style.com of Anna's collection I just wanted to put on that first outfit and watch some All in the Famliy. Do you remember this show? When I was sick from school Nickelodeon would play re run marathons.




Or maybe turn on some tunes...

Cher and Elton?





Conversational prints? Jackson 5 1975




I'm gonna have to end with this one- Sing it to me Wild Cherry. 



xox
Molly O'

No comments:

Post a Comment