Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Diana Vreeland

"You don't have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive."

Diana Vreeland people. Diana Vreeland. Her documentary is out and I can not wait to see it! "Diana Vreeland: The eye has to Travel" She was THE fashion magazine editor in the 60's and 70's working for magazines such as Harper's Bazaar and Vogue.
Watching interviews about her I love how passionate she is about everything, even what seem to be the most mundane topics. She has an opinion about everything. I could use a little of that right about now. 
"I think your imagination is your reality"
"I'm terrible on facts.  But I always have an idea.  If you have an idea, you're well ahead"

"The best thing about London is Paris"

"Balenciaga did the most delicious clothes.  Clothes aren't delicious anymore"

"As you know, the French like the French very much"


"The only real elegance is in the mind;
If you've got that, the rest really comes from it"



Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment